Monday, September 29, 2008

410 gets a upgrade in the barrel

hi guys
this is from my own 410erb , its been a great shooter up until one day when out target shooting it all the sudden stopped grouping ,
it went from one hole group at 25 yards to 2-1/2 inch group and I couldn't get it to come back around , so it been sitting till this weekend ,
I had it in and out of Marvs stock but before putting it back together I figured i see if i could get the shroud off and check it out and look for any problems .

the shroud I've looked at a few time and really didn't want to mess with it but after a extra try i found it unscrewed .
and to my surprise I found it had a barrel support with o-ring that both failed and slide forward causing the barrel to drop a little in the shroud and cause clipping issues which led to the inaccuracy.

410

there's just one grub screw that holed the barrel in place

Photobucket
the shroud floats in the barrel band with a o-ring in side of it

410 barrel

the gun had in it three baffle , i believe its missing two and should have had five in it from looking at PDF files on the gun .
if so this led to the part moving forward as it free floats on the barrel
you can see the bad o-ring in this pic

410erb

here you can see how fare the factory support can move on the barrel

410ERB

I had to make a tool to get the front part out of the shroud and use some heat

Photobucket

instead of just putting it back together I recrowned the barrel .
(before )

410
(after)

410

then I installed a new barrel support .

Photobucket



Photobucket



and spacer to make up for the missing parts .

Photobucket


after it was back together and sited in all was back to normal
maybe a little better .
with this ten shot group

Photobucket



Now my 410s ready for action again .

410erbsl

enjoy

Swift

No comments: